Thursday, August 16, 2007

Got the truck, it fits in a parking space.

Yestderday was August 15th, and yesterday I went and got the truck. Throughout the day, I called a couple places for insurance quotes. After the typical hassle you would expect when you deal with anything involving cars, I got a policy. $40 a month - not bad. The hassle was all about the VIN #. The one I had wasn't working for the insurance agent. I plugged it into a Google-searched lookup thing, and it worked fine - but for some reason, it didn't work for him. Then he approved the policy anyway. Next I got the registration. This is too boring to mention, but it happened, and it was expensive. Pennsylvania had to get it's cut.

I was kinda waiting to figure out how to get a ride down to Wilmington, but I got restless watching a Top Chef marathon on Bravo, and decided to hop on my city bike to get down there. I stuck the new license plate on, taped on the temporary registration paper, and chugged back to Kennett Square. The truck is parked in my parents' driveway right now. They'll be back from the beach on Saturday. I don't know if I want to have it sitting here when they get back, but it's not much use hiding it now. Gotta face facts. I'm moving in.

Right now the only furnishing is a piece of carpet covering a little over half the floor. I'm looking on Freecycle for a mattress and a couch. 'Pparently the 'no electricity' version of the Envirolet toilet requires a small container to drain into. The 120v electric one does not. I don't think I'm ready for a full solar setup just yet - I'm still thinking.

No comments: