Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Painting, Key West




The inside room is all built. It's about 7.5' x 10'. The living area is separated from a few more feet of not-insulated 'porch' area. That's where you put your dirty shoes, store some shit, and watch rainstorms from if you're parked in a good spot. I'm really glad to be done with the logistics of cutting wood and insulation. Now I'm on to paint, which is much more fun. I Listen to some loud music, and let it rip with the roller and some singing along. That's alright! I ended up going with bright yellow because of the light reflection factor, and the fact that Danielle and I couldn't find a bright enough pink easily enough. I'm happy with the yellow. This is, I think, coat number four in the pictures. The shitty OSB board that I used for the walls is pretty rough, and soaks up paint like a blank-blank-blank soaks up the sun. (A lot, eh!) Well, there you have it. Not much of a logistical update to this saga, but proof that I'm still chugging along.

I got some pretty nice navy blue carpet at work, and a fold-out bed that's kinda like a chair made out of couch cushions that folds out into a sleepover mattress. If you know what I mean, great, if not, I guess you'll have to wait for more pictures. I also got an awesome sink at work. I don't remember if I mentioned all this.

In real and actual news, I'm planning to take this beast down to Key West and work as a pedicab driver (bicycle taxi). I've kinda had that idea in the back of my mind, but I finally researched it and talked to a guy today who said if I'm there in early December, I basically have a job. I'm excited and apprehensive, but I'm going to give it a shot. I think Nat's going to go with me too. That's a dude who's my friend. We went on a fairly hearty-length bicycle trip together in June, so I know we can occupy the same small space. This will probably beat the living shit out of slogging through the landfill all winter.

1 comment:

Calvin & Loretta said...

I know the kind of cushion-thing that you got although I don't know the name for it. I slept on one for a couple of months, and it was very nice. Nowadays, I have company when I sleep, but for simple, comfortable single sleeping it can't be beaten.

Calvin